StudyingWorking & Living
Groningen is a pleasant student city. With 175 study directions Groningen is the most versatile student city in the Netherlands. Groningen has amonst others a university, a college, an international school, an art school and a conservatory. In the presence of all these educational institutions is half of the Groningen population younger than 35 years. Thus the nearly 1000 year old city can rightfully call itself the youngest of the Netherlands.
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen provides high quality research and education, is internationally oriented, honors differences in ambition and talent, actively collaborates with industry, governments and citizens, and ranks among the top European universities.
Key Figures University of Groningen
- 30,041 students (1 September 2014)
- 6254 first registrations (1 September 2014)
- 5,238 FTE staff
- 479 FTE professors (m / f: 385/94), of which 282 assistant professors and 86 adjunct professors
- 1,500 doctoral students
- 45 undergraduate programs, 146 master's programs
- 14 research master
- 10 faculties
- 9 graduate schools
- 110,000 alumni
- 614 million euro turnover
More information at: www.rug.nl
Hanze University of Applied Sciences
Hanze University is the oldest university of multisectoral Netherlands. In 2013 it celebrated its 215th anniversary. With offices in Groningen, Assen, Leeuwarden and Amsterdam, the university has approximately 26,250 students and 3,000 staff.
Hanze University Groningen is developing, with 50 professorships and six knowledge, a knowledge institution for applied research. This is done in close cooperation with businesses and non-profit institutions.
The education of the Hanze University Groningen includes:
- more than 70 undergraduate programs.
- 8 programs for Associate degrees.
- 17 master programs.
- Dutch, German and English language programs.
- Every year, some 1,500 participants from the business use of contract teaching at Hanze University Groningen Professionals and Businesses, the business services of the university.
Facts & Figures
- 17 schools
- 6 centers of excellence
- > 50 lectureships
- 18 buildings
- More than 140,000 m2 (gross)
- > 70 courses
- 17 master programs
- 2,947 employees
- 191 million turnover
According to the Annual Report 2013
- Number of students: 26,000
- Inflow: 7,082
- Graduates: 3,789
- Foreign students: 1,969
- Exchange to Netherlands: 600
- Exchange to foreign countries: 495
- Part-time and dual programs: 2,490
- Contract education: 1,431
More information at: www.hanze.nl
Minerva Academy, part of the Hanze University Groningen, is a vocational training for Design, Autonomous Art and Fine Art and Design. Choosing Minerva Academy is a conscious choice for anyone artist, designer or teacher of visual arts and design will be.
On www.groningenlife.nl you can find all information about student life in Groningen. Whether it comes to living, entertainment, sports or become a member. We explain to you why you just have to come in Groningen studeren.Tevens you can read blogs on the website of Groningen students.